Code of Ethics
Realtors are required to comply to the National Association of Realtors Code of Ethics, which guides Realtors in ethics for both their dealings with the public and with the real estate community. The NAR Code of Ethics is over 100 years old, and as the market has changed to include the internet and social media, the code is a living, dynamic statement that has moved with the times, updating annually to guide Realtors in their daily professional activities.
Core principals are longstanding and guarantee fair dealings with all members of a transaction. The code’s articles include:
- Realtors protect and promote their clients’ interests while treating all parties honestly.
- Realtors refrain from exaggeration, misrepresentation, or concealment of pertinent facts related to property or transactions.
- Realtors cooperate with other real estate professionals to advance their clients’ best interests.
- When buying or selling on their own account or for their families or firms, Realtors make their true position or interest known.
- Realtors make sure that contract details are spelled out in writing and that parties receive copies.
- Realtors give equal professional service to all clients and customers irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, or sexual orientation.
- Realtors paint a true picture in their advertising, marketing, and other representations.
- Realtors make only truthful, objective comments about other real estate professionals.
Based on the Code of Ethics, you can be assured The Berg Solu Team will deal with you fairly, honestly and professionally, with your best interests in mind.